Dyanna Spa in Manhattan, New York Offers Winter Beauty Survival Guide
Manhattan’s Dyanna Spa Beauty Survival Guide for fall and winter is just the thing you need to get rid of the holiday and winter blues. Studies have shown that cold weather, N.Y.C. traffic, and big city shopping crowds, causes people to get stressed out, de-energized, and depressed.
With all the holiday parties, there is also a tendency to imbibe in alcohol and eat more than usual. Morale and skin can both take a beating.
Dyanna Spa and Nail Salon’s Winter Beauty Survival Guide
There are things you can do to ensure that you and your skin survive the holiday season intact.
- Be aware of how much you are eating and drinking. No one wants to be a party pooper, but just pull back a bit. It never feels good to wake up the next morning after overdoing it.
- Take a nice warm shower in the mornings. Make sure not to make the water too hot or else the water will dry out your skin instead of hydrating it.
- Make sure to use a good hair conditioner because cold weather can dry out your hair and scalp.
- Immediately after drying off from your shower, apply moisturizer to your face and body (preferably one with SPF30) while the pores of your skin are still open. This allows the moisturizer to penetrate much more deeply into your skin.
- Limit the use of a hair dryer as it will dry your hair out even more than the cold weather will.
- Don’t forget your lips. Chapped lips hurt and are not exactly attractive. Moisturize with a lip balm that contains jojoba oil or other moisturizing oils as part of your morning regimen. Use your lip balm throughout the day and be sure to apply it before you go out into the cold.
- Exfoliate your face and body at least two times a week to get rid of all the dead skin cells. This will allow the skin to absorb your moisturizer more efficiently.
- Avoid rough red hands and protect them from the cold by frequently using a good hand moisturizer throughout the day and wearing mittens or gloves outdoors.
- Before bedtime, and after bathing or just washing your face, be sure to moisturize again.
- Get plenty of restful sleep. With a rested mind and body, you’ll be ready to conquer the world (or at least New York City).
Dyanna Spa and Nail Salon Spa treatments help mind and body
Our spa treatments can help you remain looking radiant and staying relaxed even in the harshest weather and most stressful times. The following are a few of the best treatments for this time of year.Hot Stone Massage
What could possibly feel better on a bleak chilly day than a Hot Stone Massage? Our massage therapists use heated basalt stones, which have excellent absorbent and heat retention qualities. The stones are place on your back on specific points of your spine to relax and improve your body’s energy flow. This wonderful stress relieving massage will energize and rejuvenate you and it only costs $85.00 for a full hour. It’s great for both men and women.
The European FacialThe European Facial for men and women is a super facial because it is perfect for all skin types. For one whole hour and for only $75.00, you will relax while our esthetician completely cleanses your face, exfoliating and clearing out any clogged pores. A mask and moisturizing treatment follows the cleansing process. The European Facial will rehydrate your skin and have you feeling happier and looking younger than when you walked into our day spa.
Let us help keep you feeling good and looking good during the holiday season. Call Dyanna Spa and Nail Salon now and make an appointment. We’ll pamper you to your heart’s content.Dyanna Spa !
Dyanna Body & Nail Salon Spa
121 Madison Ave ( between E 30th & E 31 street), NY
(212)995-2355Keep up with Dyanna Spa NYC news, specials, and promotions. Become a fan on FACEBOOK, and follow us on TWITTER.