Paraffin Treatment For Dry Hands at Dyanna Spa Manhattan New York.
Dry Hands - Paraffin treatment in New York
Paraffin Treatment and other Healing Remedies for Dry Hands from New York’s Leading Day Spa
- Washing your hands in hot water is a leading cause of dry skin as it strips the skin of its natural oils. Always use lukewarm, tepid water. If your hands turn red while washing, the water is too hot.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are very drying. Try a hydrating version with aloe vera to keep in the moisture to prevent rough, cracking dry hands.
- Water-based moisturizers do not provide sufficient hydration or skin protection. To keep your hands supple and soft, use a replenishing moisturizer that does not list water as the first ingredient. Try using coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, or cocoa butter. When going outdoors, make sure the moisturizer you use contains a SPF of at least 15. Ultraviolet rays not only contribute to unsightly age spots, but also rob the skin of its innate ability to produce its own natural moisturizer.
- Dish soaps and detergents are very harsh on the hands’ soft skin. Be sure to wear rubber gloves to protect them when washing the dishes. (You should also wear warm gloves outdoors during the winter.) Keep a bottle of dry skin moisturizer by the sink and use it as soon as you’re done washing.
- To protect your hands from the drying effects of indoor heating, place humidifiers in the rooms you use the most, especially in the bedroom while you sleep. The moisture in the air will also moisturize your hands.
- Before going to bed, apply your moisturizer and then put on cotton gloves. This works great to restore moisture and repair cracked, dry hands while you sleep.
- Use an exfoliator, preferably one containing glycolic acid. It works wonders by removing dead dry skin cells and enabling new skin growth.
- Keep a small container of cream for dry skin in your purse and use it frequently during the day.
42 East 21st Street Manhattan, NY 10010 - (212.995.2355)
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
150 East 39th Street Manhattan, NY 10016 - (212.213.0011)
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday: closed
Keep up with Dyanna Spa NYC news, specials, and promotions.