THERE’S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING: A Girl’s Guide to Waxing for the First Time!
Brzilian waxing first time.A Girl’s Guide to Waxing for the First TimeSummer is approaching, and you want your skin to be silky smooth and hairless for the season. You have already tried all types of depilation (shaving, depilatory cream, etc.) and now you may be wondering if it’s time you finally found the courage for waxing. Here is a little guide on how to get started.
What is waxing?Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hairs will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to eight weeks. Using wax to remove body hair can be an easy way to keep you neat and trim, while looking and feeling beautiful. Men and women alike have been using the process of waxing to achieve their own state of personal beauty for years. Wax can be used on virtually any part of your body where you wish to remove hair, such as the upper lip and face, arms and under arms, legs, and your bikini area. Many have never waxed out of fear of the pain it could cause them, but actually a lot of people who regularly wax say the pain is not that bad after couple treatments. You may find that waxing will actually keep the hair from growing back thicker and darker as it does when you shave.
How waxing is done?
So you finally found courage within yourself and decided to go for waxing. Now what to expect? First, if the hair is too long the specialist will trim it. Then wax is heated to allow it to be spread easily and evenly over the skin in the direction of hair growth, warm wax is applied to the waxing area with a wooden stick. The hair becomes embedded in the wax, which cools and firms up holding the hair. Next, cotton strips are placed over the wax. The wax is then quickly pulled off in the opposite direction of the hair growth, pulling the hairs out of the follicles along with dead skin cells. New hair growth in waxed areas is soft and fine. After repeated waxing, hair re-growth is less and less.
Typically, the process is all be over with pretty quickly – within 5 to 20 minutes (depending on the area waxed). As for the pain, it is very individual and depends on your personal threshold of sensitivity. You should, however, know that reports range from uncomfortable to very painful. The good news is that you’ll be given some soothing cream or lotion after, which should help.
- Hair in the waxed areas does not grow back in four to eight weeks and when it does, it is soft and thin.
- Hair is removed from the root rather than from surface, which does not create stubbles.
- There are no chemicals involved and thus no reaction with waxing. At the most you will have a swollen area that is red for a few hours, but there's little or no danger that you'll be left with scars, sores or some other reaction.
- Cost of waxing is minimal as compared to any of the permanent hair removal methods (e.g. laser hair removal or electrolysis).
- And, of course you can also get some hairy designs on your body customized - the upcoming trend after tattoos.
For those looking to wax for the very first time, there are a few body waxing tips that you should follow to help make your experience less traumatic. How your body reacts to waxing is entirely different than your neighbor, but these tips will help to minimize the pain and take care of your skin afterwards. By taking care of your skin before and after waxing you are sure to have a pleasant experience rather than dealing with pain and negative after effects.
- Your hair length should have grown slightly longer than normal to allow the wax to bond to the hair for removal. Many women find it hard to let their hair grow in order to allow it the proper length to wax, but it should not take an extremely long amount of time for your hair to get slightly longer.
- Be clean before your waxing treatment .Skin that has natural oils on it or even dirt will be harder to wax. By taking a hot shower or applying a warm cloth to the area that is to be waxed will help your skin's pores open up and make it easier for the hair to be removed.
- Using a body or face scrub in the shower will help remove any dead skin cells in the desired area as they may cause more pain when it comes time to waxing the hair.
- There are many different types of numbing sprays to help with the discomfort of the waxing process. Some may find that taking a Tylenol or acetaminophen anywhere from 30-45 minutes before waxing also helps deal with any pain caused.
- Some women may find that the skin is more sensitive around the time of their menstrual cycle. If this is the case, waxing should be scheduled earlier or later to avoid any unnecessary pain.
- If acne is a problem, wait until the skin has healed before hair waxing to avoid further irritation.
- If you choose a bikini wax, make sure it’s not a last-minute decision. Last-minute holidays might be spontaneous and fun but a last minute bikini wax will make you red and sore for the beach. Bikini waxing should be done at least 24 hours before you wear a bikini. Do not expose waxed area to sun for 24 hours to avoid darkening.
After the procedure:
- Avoid wearing tight clothing over freshly waxed areas to minimize the risk of irritation and ingrown hairs.
- After 24-48 hours, exfoliate the skin with a Loofah sponge to prevent the dead skin from accumulating.
- You will not want to exercise the next day to avoid getting sweaty and having your pores become clogged with dirt and oils.
- Do not try to pop the pimples you may see from waxing as this can spread bacteria on your skin and create more unwanted pimples.
Why should you do it at Dyanna Spa?It is very difficult to self-wax, especially if you are doing it for the very first time. Go to a salon. Here are some privileges of choosing Dyanna Spa:
- Dyanna Spa was rated as the best of NYC Spa for Waxing, Bikini & Brazilian Wax, and overall hair removal
- Dyanna Spa has all kinds of waxing available (including Cirepil Blue Hard Wax)
- Our specialists spend all day waxing and that is why waxing procedure will be painless, quick and efficient.
- We use only the best products – our special azulen aloe wax formula works effectively to remove hair gently, safely and quickly.
- Very strict no double dipping policy protects you from unwanted consequences.
- We offer very affordable prices.
42 East 21st Street Manhattan,NY(212)995-2355