Why Men in Manhattan, NY Choose Body Waxing for Hair Removal
Male body waxing in Manhattan NYC.Men Hair Removal New YorkWhy do more and more men in Manhattan, New York choose body waxing for hair removal? In the past, men who got body waxed were either gay, models, or athletes (swimmers, muscle builders, etc.) Now, straight and mainstream men are flocking to salons to remove hair from their back, legs, arms, chest, bikini area, buttocks, eyebrows, stomach, and other areas. Many come to our spa for our specialty, Brazilian waxing.
What are the reasons men choose body waxing?
Here are some of reasons why men are turning to body waxing for hair removal:
- Shaving never quite gets close enough to the skin because it cuts the hair at the hair shaft. This results in stubbles that become visible the same day or the next. In addition, shaving strengthens the hair follicle, making it even harder to get a close shave.
- Many men simply like a hairless look as part of their self-image, and waxing is the simplest and most effective form of hair removal.
- Once a waxing regimen is begun, hair grows back finer and more slowly – the exact opposite effect from shaving.
- There is a much lower incidence of ingrown hairs from waxing.
- Waxing is a long lasting method of hair removal, as it removes hair from the root. A waxing treatment lasts from two to eight weeks.
- Waxing makes the skin feel soft and smooth.
- Many spouses and significant others find their mates’ hairless look extremely sexy and appealing.
What does the waxing treatment entail?
At our Manhattan, NY day spa, we use one of two methods: one method requires paper strips, and the other does not.
For most waxing treatments, we use Azulene wax applied with a wood spatula to the area where the hair is to be removed. Our esthetician then places the paper strips over the waxed areas and quickly and expertly pulls the strip off.To ensure your health, we strictly adhere to a "no double dipping" policy. We never dip the wax application spatula into the wax more than once. Our NYC beauty salon and day spa always operates with your health and safety in mind. There are some skin types and some areas of the body that are more sensitive than others are. In these instances, Dyanna Spa uses Cirepil Blue Hard Wax. When hardened, our esthetician simply peels off the wax.
Although neither hair removal process is pain-free, the more often you wax, the more painless it becomes as the hair becomes finer and sparser with each application.
Thousands of men in New York love their hairless look. If you’ve never experienced hair-free, smooth skin on your own body, schedule an appointment now and give it a try. We think you’ll like it.To make an appointment, or to ask any questions, give us a call at (212) 995-2355. Dyanna Spa !
Dyanna Body & Nail Salon Spa
42 East 21st Street Manhattan, NY
Keep up with Dyanna Spa NYC news, specials, and promotions.